Monday, August 22, 2011

I am a Supermom

Remember back in the '70s and '80s, there was the term "Supermom"? Dictionary.com defines Supermom as "a mother who successfully manages a household and cares for her children while holding a job or being active in her community."

I have a lot of help from my husband and there are some who probably question how successful I am at doing any of those things, but my house hasn't fallen down around us, my children seem healthy and happy, and I haven't been fired from my job...yet.

So why did the term "Supermom" stop being so popular? I think it's probably because so many women are supermoms these days. We are all doing SO MUCH that it has really become expected, instead of respected.

The thing is, just because we do it and persevere, doesn't make doing it all any less difficult or make us any less admirable. We are superheroes.

Now where's my cape???

No comments:

Post a Comment